Commissum has a strong track record as an independent cybersecurity practice. We are proud of our past but firmly focused on our future, which we’d love you to be a part of.
We are currently recruiting for a SOC analyst to assist in the delivery of managed security services to our clients. The successful candidate will have a sound technical background with associated experience of working in an analyst role either with a managed service provider, or an enterprise environment.
We are a small but rapidly growing company in the Information Assurance Industry, seeking an experienced security analyst who wants the opportunity to further develop their skills and play a key role in the continuing development of the company’s services and their own success.
The Commissum SOC provides logging and monitoring of activity across client estates, as well as managing network devices that underpin the security of our clients’ infrastructure. This role will be at the forefront of service delivery, interacting directly with customer contacts and providing remediation advice for suspected or detected security events.
On a daily basis you will analyse log data for evidence of malicious activity, update rule sets based on client requirements and the latest threat intel, get your hands dirty fixing any platform issues that may arise, and provide input into the improvement and development of the service, all the while helping keep our clients safe & secure.
In return we provide a great working environment, a vibrant team of experienced colleagues to help you develop your expertise, and exposure to high profile clients across a diverse range of sectors.
- Monitoring of SIEM security events.
- Reviewing alerts and performing triage.
- Assessment and analysis of events including threat/risk assessment.
- Incident prioritisation and coordination of alerting/response activities.
- Notifying appropriate contacts for security events and response.
- Maintenance of all managed service platform components.
- Making decisions on escalation.
- Client interaction and assistance in managing and mitigating incidents.
- Participate in and lead conference calls with clients.
- Having the ability to coordinate a SOC team with potential to take over as SOC manager in the future.
- Generating operational analytics from threat intelligence research.
- Training/mentoring more junior staff.
- Create operational reports for KPIs and weekly/monthly metrics.
- Being proactive in and contributing to the ongoing development of the service to our clients.
- Will be based in Leeds
- Must be a UK citizen or citizen of a full member EU state.
- Must have worked in a SOC environment before and have a thorough understanding and experience with SOC processes and event/incident handling.
- Must have an understanding and experience of network security technologies: firewalls, IDS/IPS, assessment tools, encryption, certificate authority, etc.
- Must have an understanding of packet level data and hands-on experience of *nix systems.
- Must have knowledge of security areas such as identity and access management, security policies, processes, and procedures.
- Must have familiarity with data visualisation tools.
- Must have appreciation of emerging security technologies and their impact on networks and systems.
- Must have flexible attitude to working hours (both extended and changeable).
- Knowledge and experience in forensic analysis.
- Understanding and use of penetration testing tools.
- Experience in training more junior staff.
Package includes salary, bonus, pension.
In the first place, please reply with a current CV, and separately address the points above, in summary, in the covering e-mail or letter.
Commissum has a strong track record as an independent cybersecurity practice. We are proud of our past but firmly focused on our future, which we’d love you to be a part of. We are growing fast and want skilled and dynamic people to come on our journey with us. We will provide a fun, rewarding and nurturing work environment in return for hard work and loyalty. We operate a flat management structure and treat each other as peers, our team breeds a climate of innovation and independence; we want to be the best and hire the best, and hope that you want to be a part of that.
We have built our enviable reputation on our strong values of integrity, commitment and excellence; providing a highly-personalised service to our clients with a strong focus on quality. Our clients, to whom we deliver a wide range of services, include some of the best-known names across a variety of industries in the private, public and not for-profit-sectors.