Commissum has a strong track record as an independent cybersecurity practice. We are proud of our past but firmly focused on our future, which we’d love you to be a part of.
We are currently recruiting for a Security Analyst to assist in the delivery of managed security services to our clients. The successful candidate will have a sound technical background with associated experience of working in an analyst role either with a managed service provider, or an enterprise environment.
We are a small but rapidly growing company in the Information Assurance Industry, seeking a security analyst who wants the opportunity to further develop their skills and play a key role in the continuing development of the company’s services and their own success.
Working out of our Leeds based Security Operations Centre, you will be at the forefront of service delivery, interacting directly with customer contacts at high profile clients to protect their information security. You will carry out log and network monitoring, investigating any suspected cyber threats and raising incidents with clients advising them on how to address your findings. You will also manage network devices that underpin the security of our clients’ infrastructure and carry out vulnerability assessments for our clients.
You will be part of an agile team that actively develops and supports our own SOC infrastructure and tools to enhance our services, working closely with our counterpart SOC in Malaysia.
In return we provide a great working environment, a vibrant team of experienced colleagues to help you develop your expertise, and exposure to high profile clients across a diverse range of sectors.
- Monitoring, triage and analysis of SIEM events.
- Incident investigation, notifying clients of incidents and providing recommendations.
- Analysis of network traffic and malware samples.
- Client interaction and assistance in managing and mitigating incidents.
- Creating operational reports for KPIs and weekly/monthly metrics.
- Monitoring for emerging threats that may affect our clients
- Being proactive in and contributing to the ongoing development of the service to our clients.
- Participation in conference calls with clients.
- Management of firewalls, Linux servers and open source applications.
- Position in based in Leeds, England.
- Must be a UK citizen or citizen of a full member EU state.
- Strong understanding of the principles of information security.
- Must have knowledge of security policies, processes, and procedures.
- Experience writing scripts or programs.
- Excellent customer facing soft skills.
- Experience working in a SOC environment.
- Experience working within an ITIL based IT service management environment.
- Experience managing firewalls and network devices.
- Must understand packet level data and have hands-on experience of *nix systems.
- Understanding and use of penetration testing tools.
- Familiarity with incident handling processes.
- Familiarity with IDS/IPS.
- Familiarity with encryption and certificate authorities.
- An appreciation of emerging technologies and techniques and their impact on the security of networks and systems.
- Knowledge and experience in forensic analysis.
Package includes salary, bonus, pension.
In the first place, please reply with a current CV, and separately address the points above, in summary, in the covering e-mail or letter.
Commissum has a strong track record as an independent cybersecurity practice. We are proud of our past but firmly focused on our future, which we’d love you to be a part of. We are growing fast and want skilled and dynamic people to come on our journey with us. We will provide a fun, rewarding and nurturing work environment in return for hard work and loyalty. We operate a flat management structure and treat each other as peers, our team breeds a climate of innovation and independence; we want to be the best and hire the best, and hope that you want to be a part of that.
We have built our enviable reputation on our strong values of integrity, commitment and excellence; providing a highly-personalised service to our clients with a strong focus on quality. Our clients, to whom we deliver a wide range of services, include some of the best-known names across a variety of industries in the private, public and not for-profit-sectors.