Think you can hack anything? Infrastructure? IoT stuff? People? Well, we want you to prove it!
The Commissum test team are passionate about what we do and we aim to deliver outstanding services to clients by thinking the same way as an attacker would, treating testing engagements as a challenge to our own skills and knowledge as well as to their defences.
You’ll get all the other good stuff like a great package, a career path, time to find vulnerabilities and do research and to break that crummy internet connected thingy you’ve been meaning to pwn for some time now!
Still interested? Think you’ve got what it takes to impress us? Let’s talk. 0330 223 0709
You will be an enthusiastic tester looking to take your first steps into the world of testing. You’ll be passionate about and proud of working in the security industry, and be constantly researching the latest vulnerabilities, aiming at all times to be at the leading edge of industry knowledge.
You’ll be happy to:
- Carry out peer reviews of other consultants’ output in addition to writing reports, and contribute to the continuous improvement of our internal processes related to testing and reporting
- Advise or help in scoping projects
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to provide input for proposals, tenders and attend sales and scoping meetings with them
- Represent Commissum at trade shows and events and depending on experience give presentations and briefings to clients, staff, industry, external stakeholders and the public
- Write white papers and possibly technical articles for industry press and journals and provide expert comment and analysis to the press on security news and events from time to time
- Assist internally in the development of new services and in set-up and support of test tools and facilities
- Fully embrace our company values of integrity, commitment and excellence
- A passion for IT security
- Proactive in proposing and contributing to new service ideas and development
- Friendly and helpful to clients, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Embrace a flexible approach to working, both in the context of working out of normal office hours and being able to manage a number of different tasks at once
You must be a UK citizen or a citizen of a full member EU state that has been resident in the UK for a minimum of 2 years.
The role will provide an attractive package including excellent salary and opportunity to join the company pension and healthcare schemes.
You may be based out of the Edinburgh, Leeds, London or Birmingham office. Working from home is an option for the right person. The role will require extensive travel to client sites as well as regular visits to the Edinburgh HQ.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- External and internal infrastructure testing
- Firewall review
- Web and mobile application assessment
- Wi-Fi testing
- VOIP testing
- SCADA/IC systems testing
- Embedded systems testing
- Red Team exercises
- Real Time OS’ testing
- Security research & development
- Strategic management, mentoring, guidance and direction alongside project and program management
- Work to required deadlines and targets as defined by managers and clients
Full training will be given on any internal software programs and through a full induction program. The successful candidate will also have a driving license and car. Due to the nature of some of our work and exposure to sensitive information, the candidate will be required to complete Government SC vetting. You can find out more about vetting and the process here.
- Competitive salary
- Option to participate in company private healthcare scheme
- Opportunities to gain further qualifications in the future
Commissum has a strong track record as an independent cybersecurity practice. We are proud of our past but firmly focused on our future, which we’d love you to be a part of. We are growing fast and want skilled and dynamic people to come on our journey with us. We will provide a fun, rewarding and nurturing work environment in return for hard work and loyalty. We operate a flat management structure and treat each other as peers, our team breeds a climate of innovation and independence; we want to be the best and hire the best, and hope that you want to be a part of that.
We have built our enviable reputation on our strong values of integrity, commitment and excellence; providing a highly-personalised service to our clients with a strong focus on quality. Our clients, to whom we deliver a wide range of services, include some of the best-known names across a variety of industries in the private, public and not for-profit-sectors.