Client Requirement and Business Drivers
The client’s fund raising activities, events and campaigns raise hundreds of millions of pounds every year to enable them to fund a large number of prominent research projects through donation, legacies, fundraising by individuals and communities, events, and partnerships in the corporate world. Research is conducted both by employees of the charity and a large number of institutes, universities and hospitals. Much of the research is world leading.
The client recognises the importance of its role in providing funding for these various research projects, many of which have yielded results that have helped to save lives around the world. The organisations that carry out this important research are highly reliant on this funding.
As part of the funding, many campaigns are run every year, very professionally, as projects that include development of on-line web sites and portals for both promotion and collection of donations. The assurance of these campaigns was identified as critical to the ongoing ability of the client to continue its work of delivering its life saving research funding.
This assurance was identified as essential to protect:
- Timely and uninterrupted campaign launch
- The ongoing availability of the campaign sites
- The financial data including credit card data and the revenue generated itself
- The personal information provided by donors
- Overall confidence of the public and various bodies who are amongst the donors and upon whom the charity relies