Client Requirement and Business Drivers
As part of their European development strategy the bank had an objective to establish a new state of the art Internet Banking System. At the earliest stages of the project, security assurance was naturally identified as a critical element.
Recognising the importance of the right specialist expertise, together with the need for objectivity and independence Commissum was engaged to meet the business and technical information security related objectives of the Internet Banking project within tight timescales set by the business.
The main business drivers were:
- Compliance with FSA and other international regulations demanded effective and demonstrable levels of security
- A high level of confidence had to be established within the business, to ensure that authorisation for the project to go live was achieved to meet tight business driven timescales
- The success of investment in such on-line services required high levels of customer confidence to be established and maintained through the secure launch and ongoing operation of this service
- Recognition of the potential high level of financial exposure to the bank and its customers from inadequate security
- Recognition of the potentially disastrous impact on brand and reputation that would arise from any security related incident