Client Requirement and Business Drivers
Key to this agency’s current and future service delivery is the growth in electronic services both in terms of the provision of information from their data registers and the compilation and maintenance of new data entries. As part of this the ongoing, reliable availability of the electronic services to both the public and businesses is an essential priority. The criticality of this for online business to business transaction has increased exponentially over the last decade. In addition, in common with the remainder of UK government, the agency will continue to work with other public bodies to deliver improved "joined-up" government for the benefit of the public.
The agency had developed a comprehensive Business Continuity Management system, led by Bronze, Silver and Gold teams made up of experienced agency staff. The Gold team consists of senior agency directors and managers.
The Managing Director spearheaded an initiative to exercise its Gold Team business continuity team to:
- Test the business continuity planning undertaken using an intensive, simulated exercise
- Determine whether the plan is fully up to date in terms of processes, resources, business expectations, assumptions and emerging threats
- Test the readiness of its top level of senior management to deal with a crises
- Improve awareness of the senior management team regarding business continuity issues and the agency's own continuity processes
- Provide training to the Gold Team in a realistic scenario