Client Requirement and Business Drivers
The system was required to provide a variety of access levels to the various user companies and individuals within them, but to at the same time ensure the protection of commercially sensitive and private data. Transportation was to be booked, training and health and safety records maintained, and the location of all individuals maintained while off-shore.
- The systems used by all members of the consortium were different but essentially performed the same function - successful roll-out of the project would enable all to securely take advantage of the efficiencies introduced by adoption of a commonly hosted and supported system
- The system would provide a common set of processes for booking transportation, ensuring training and health and safety records were up to date, and recording the location of assets while off-shore – this could only be achieved if all consortium members and users were confident in the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the information held
- Information held would be potentially commercially sensitive, relating to the movement of personnel around the globe
- Personal data in the form of employee and contractor records led to a high priority being put on security to comply with data protection requirements of multiple countries
- A final concern related to terrorism, with locations of staff while on flights and at offshore locations being held within the system – also potential issues with availability through potential attacks from some more extreme environmental groups