As a SOC Team Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the team that reports to you, second to the SOC Manager.
We are looking for a candidate with previous experience working in a Senior SOC Analyst role. Ideally you will have been exposed to a mixture of technical and management areas, including people management. You will have gained knowledge and experience in investigating alerts and incidents, and dealing with client enquiries.
You will possess excellent time management, organisational and communication skills (both oral and written). You will be comfortable conversing on the phone or on a video call with internal and external stakeholders, as well as technical and management resources from other parts of the organisation.
You must be a UK citizen or a citizen of a full member EU state that has been a resident in the UK.
Due to the sensitive nature of some of our work and exposure to sensitive information, you will be required to complete security vetting.
The position is for standard business hours, working remotely with visits to our Birmingham office as necessary.
- Act as a second to the SOC Manager, supporting them in the day-to-day operations of the SOC
- Have oversight of and support both the analyst and engineering functions
- Produce playbooks for analysts to use as guidelines during investigations
- Ensure that all events coming in to the SOC, including alerts, incidents, and client enquiries are handled according to SLA by the analyst team, including picking up events themselves when other analysts are busy
- Support analysts with investigations into Windows, *nix, network and other security incidents
- Take lead with clients, ensuring that queries beyond incidents are handled in a professional manner that grows the relationship of the client with the SOC
- Assist with onboarding new clients, creating a knowledge base for use by analysts, and attending site to carry out knowledge gathering and threat modelling workshops
People Management Duties
- Manage shift pattern resource allocation in a dynamic environment
- Assist with the training process for analysts including our counterpart SOC team in India
- Assist with the hiring process for new analysts including our counterpart SOC team in India
Other Potential Duties
- Supporting Incident Response for major incidents experienced by clients
- Supporting with scoping, bids, and proposals to develop the SOC’s client base
- Extending the SIEM alerting and enrichment capabilities, and working with clients’ IT teams to extend SIEM coverage into their environments
- CREST CPIA
- Degree in relevant fields
- CompTia Security+
- CompTia CySA+
Want to be part of the team?
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com