We are looking for a Senior Digital Investigator to join our Digital Forensics & Incident Response team based out of our Birmingham location.
As a Senior Digital Investigator, you will be responsible for undertaking operational tasks such as the analysis of a wide range of digital devices supplied for forensic examination. You will also produce reports and statements relating to this work for possible presentation in court.
- Provide written estimates to both the prosecution and defence for the forensic examination of digital equipment
- Develop examination strategies on a case-by-case basis to prepare outline summaries of proposed work programmes to agreed costs
- Organise your own day to day casework activities to ensure that cases are carried out efficiently, to the required standards and cost, in accordance with best practice and quality systems
- To work in accordance with the best scientific and commercial practice to deliver often complex computer/mobile device investigation related projects on time, within budget and to the appropriate quality
- Attend client premises to advise and assist in seizure of equipment and on-site acquisitions
- Oversee research & development work completed by other members of the team
- Produce appropriate reports and deliver expert evidence on findings
- Review colleagues’ reports/statements to ensure quality and maintain standards
- Handle exhibits in line with evidential rules and technological standards to ensure the integrity of each case
- Buddy/mentor junior members of staff
- Provide accurate and understandable briefings/client presentations
- Liaise with clients to keep them up to date with the progression of their cases
- Review and keep abreast of appropriate improvements in technology
- Consider areas for improvement in the role or processes that will have a positive impact on quality and effectiveness
- No direct/indirect reports
- No budgetary responsibility
Knowledge, experience and technical skills
- Experienced computer/mobile investigator
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with recognised qualifications in computer science or computer forensic investigation
- Proven track record in forensic computer investigation, demonstrating competence and expertise from initial imaging, analysis and giving evidence in Crown Court as an expert
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of operating systems including Microsoft, Mac OSX, Linux, experience of working with networks and the various forensic software tools available
- Experience of working in a forensic environment to the highest ethical standards
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of court procedure and etiquette of an expert witness, disclosure and continuity
- Client focus
- Able to communicate effectively with the team and other stakeholders
- Proven ability of delivering results
- Takes accountability for actions
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise a challenging workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of commercial awareness
- A degree of flexibility
Due to the nature of some of our work and exposure to sensitive information, the candidate will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining the appropriate levels of security clearance and adhering to the organisation’s security vetting policy and process in force at the time of employment.
Full training will be given on company and service portfolio and any internal software programs as part of the induction program.
Want to be part of the team?
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com