An opportunity for a (full time, permanent) Junior Penetration Test Consultant to join Commissum’s UK offices.
Think you can hack anything? Infrastructure? IoT stuff? People? Well, we want you to prove it!
The Commissum test team are passionate about what we do and we aim to deliver outstanding services to clients by thinking the same way as an attacker would, treating testing engagements as a challenge to our own skills and knowledge as well as to their defences.
You will be an enthusiastic tester looking to take your first steps into the world of testing. You’ll be passionate about and proud of working in the security industry, and be constantly researching the latest vulnerabilities, aiming at all times to be at the leading edge of industry knowledge.
You’ll be happy to:
- Carry out peer reviews of other consultants’ output in addition to writing reports, and contribute to the continuous improvement of our internal processes related to testing and reporting
- Advise or help in scoping projects
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to provide input for proposals, tenders and attend sales and scoping meetings with them
- Represent Commissum at trade shows and events and depending on experience give presentations and briefings to clients, staff, industry, external stakeholders and the public
- Write white papers and possibly technical articles for industry press and journals and provide expert comment and analysis to the press on security news and events from time to time
- Assist internally in the development of new services and in set-up and support of test tools and facilities
- Fully embrace our company values of integrity, commitment and excellence
- A passion for IT security
- Proactive in proposing and contributing to new service ideas and development
- Friendly and helpful to clients, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Embrace a flexible approach to working, both in the context of working out of normal office hours and being able to manage a number of different tasks at once
The role will provide an attractive package including excellent salary and opportunity to join the company pension and healthcare schemes.
UK applicants will be based out of either the Edinburgh or Birmingham office. The role will require extensive travel to client sites as well as regular visits to the Edinburgh HQ. You must be a UK citizen or a citizen of a full member EU state that has been a resident in the UK for a minimum of two years.
You will receive full, extensive training that will include development of a comprehensive skillset for either infrastructure or web application testing within your first year of employment. Some example skill paths include (infrastructure testing):
- Internal and external infrastructure testing
- Firewall review
- WiFi and VoIP testing
or, for web app testing:
- Web and mobile application testing (iOS and Android)
- API and testing
- Basic code reviews
Additionally, full training will be given on any internal software programs and through a full induction program. The successful candidate will also have a driving license and car. Due to the nature of some of our work and exposure to sensitive information, the candidate will be required to complete Government SC vetting. You can find out more about vetting and the process here.
- Competitive salary
- Option to participate in company private healthcare scheme
- Opportunities to gain further qualifications in the future
Want to be part of the team?
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com