As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for the professional support and delivery of infrastructure to our SIEM clients.
We are looking for a candidate with previous experience in administering various flavours of Windows and Linux operating systems in a Microsoft Azure environment. Ideally you will have been working with the technology stack comprising our SIEM platform (Elastic, Logstash and Kibana), and infrastructure-as-code and automation tools like Ansible.
You will be familiar with industry standard frameworks such as ITIL and the CIS Hardening Guides, and have working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, GIT and other key development tools.
You will have excellent organisational and communication skills and attention to detail. You will be comfortable conversing on the phone or in a video call with internal and external clients, as well as technical and management resources from other parts of the organisation. Additionally, you will be an excellent oral and written communicator.
You must be a UK citizen or a citizen of a full member EU state that has been a resident in the UK. Due to the nature of some of our work and exposure to sensitive information, you will be required to complete security vetting.
- Provisioning ElasticSearch Clusters for production and testing
- Tuning, administering and refactoring ElasticSearch Cluster setup
- Management of all plugins and interfaces with integrations into our various products
- Development of Kibana dashboards providing insight into our operations of the various products
- Supporting the SOC team with the use of Ansible and other forms of infrastructure-as-code
- Assist in supporting the role of data and ELK with regards to CI/CD
- Onboarding of new clients into dedicated Azure environments and migration of existing clients into current infrastructure
- Supporting Incident Response through automation for major incidents experienced by clients
- Working alongside the IT team to support cloud solutions across Microsoft 365, including Linux and Windows Server technologies, Azure Functions and serverless technologies and other Azure capabilities
- Proactively identify any potential issues in systems and technology stacks and coordinate with other team members to ensure operational issues do not impact client-facing SLAs
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of functional and performance issues
- Implementation of hardening measures and security baselines
- Acting as a point of escalation to service incidents
- Testing and validation of new technologies to be integrated into future architecture releases of the platform