As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will simulate attacks to identify and report security flaws.
You will have the ability to take initiative, learn quickly on the job and deal with issues as they arise in a high pressure environment.
You will be an enthusiastic tester with a few years of experience under your belt. You will be passionate about, and proud of, working in the security industry, and be constantly researching the latest vulnerabilities, aiming to be at the leading edge of industry knowledge at all times.
You will have completed your university degree and obtained OSCP and/or ECSA (practical) qualifications.
You will have delivered pentest projects in line with the Penetration Testing Guide as set out by CREST and industry standard methodologies including OWASP and OSSTMM.
You must be a Malaysian citizen, or eligible for a visa to work in Malaysia.
About your role
As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will be considered a highly skilled specialist in information security.
You will be part of a talented and collaborative international team who are positioning Commissum as an industry leader in delivery of penetration test services.
You will contribute to our thought leadership on various social media platforms and industry events.
You will be expected to assist in enforcing the highest standards of quality and contribute to the continuous improvement of our internal processes related to testing and reporting.
Working closely with senior members of the team, you will deepen your technical knowledge and specialise in a niche area of testing or advance your career through exams and certifications within the CREST ecosystem.
- Deliver a variety of engagements for customers located in Malaysia and the UK
- Work with the local sales function and be the technical point of contact in meetings
- Advise or help in scoping projects
- Carry out peer reviews of other consultants' output in addition to writing reports
- Represent Commissum at trade shows and events and, depending on experience, give presentations
Required skills and qualifications
- 2 years industry experience in infrastructure and/or web application and API pentesting
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree
- CREST CRT or equivalent (OSCP, ECSA v10 and ECSA Practical issued within 3 years)
- Strong and holistic technical diagnostic skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal