As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will simulate attacks to identify and report security flaws.
You will have the ability to take initiative, learn quickly on the job and deal with issues as they arise in a high pressure environment.
You will be an enthusiastic tester with a few years of experience under your belt. You'll be passionate about, and proud of, working in the security industry, and be constantly researching the latest vulnerabilities, aiming to be at the leading edge of industry knowledge at all times.
You will have achieved your CRT/QSTM qualifications and meet the requirements to become a CHECK Team Member.
You must be either a UK citizen, a citizen of a full member EU state that has been resident in the UK, or eligible for a visa to work in the UK.
Due to the nature of some of our work and exposure to sensitive information, you will be required to complete SC vetting.
About your role
As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will be considered a highly skilled specialist in information security, working with both government and private sector clients.
You will be part of a talented and collaborative international team who are positioning Commissum as an industry leader in delivery of penetration testing services.
You will contribute to our thought leadership on various social media platforms and industry events.
You will be expected to assist in enforcing the highest standards of quality and contribute to the continuous improvement of our internal processes related to testing and reporting.
You will deepen your technical knowledge and specialise in either application or infrastructure testing to advance your career through exams and certifications.
The role will provide an attractive package including the opportunity to join a number of schemes operated by the company.Key responsibilities
- Deliver a variety of engagements for customers in the UK and overseas including IT Health Checks under the government CHECK scheme
- Carry out peer reviews of other consultants' output in addition to writing reports
- Support pre-sales function in scoping and technical enquiries
- Maintain internal database of findings
- Identify opportunities for improving delivery process
- Represent Commissum at events and give talks/presentations
- CRT (preferred) or QTSM
- 2 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of industry standard tools (commercial & open source)
- Good command of preferred flavour of Linux and virtualisation platform
- Strong technical diagnostic skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication and time management