As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will work with cutting edge technology to support our clients.
We are looking for a
candidate with previous experience working in a Cyber Security Analyst role.
Ideally you will have been exposed to a mixture of tools and technologies, including Microsoft
Sentinel and Elastic Cloud. You will have gained knowledge and extensive experience
in investigating alerts and incidents and dealing with client enquiries.
You will possess excellent time management, organisational and communication skills. You will be comfortable conversing on the phone or in a video call with internal and external customers as well as technical and management resources from other parts of the organisation and be an excellent oral and written communicator. You must be a UK citizen or a citizen of a full member EU state that has been resident in the UK.
The position is for business hours, working from our Birmingham office once lockdown restrictions are eased.
- Triage security events and incidents
- Monitor the SIEM console resources to identify anomalies
- Monitor the health of the SIEM and other critical components
- Participate in evaluating the security of monitored infrastructure systems and take part in recommending additional security solutions where appropriate
- Communicate with external teams for incident resolution
- Participate in security incident management and vulnerability management processes
- Communicate effectively with clients, teammates and management
- Follow internal guidelines, playbooks and practices for management of incidents and changes
- Document and maintain security procedures and processes
Required skills and qualifications
- Security monitoring experience with one or more SIEM technologies, preferably Microsoft Sentinel and/or Elastic Cloud
- Strong understanding of Windows, Linux and cloud technologies
- Good understanding of security solutions including SIEMs, Web Proxies, Anti-Virus, Firewalls, VPN, authentication providers and mechanisms, encryption, IPS/IDS
- Good understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes
- Attention to detail and quality
Desirable skills and qualifications
- CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA)
- Elastic Certified Analyst
- Completion of Azure Sentinel Level 400 Training